The GrandView high-rise Condo was completed in 2002. Located on the banks of the Elbow River, the location is filled with an abundance of greenery and wildlife. The GrandView houses 16 delightful floors of luxurious living quarters numbering fifty-six. Most of these well constructed, high-end units have great views, often in many directions, and all have balconies.
The GrandView Condo is located in the Community of Mission in the Calgary City Centre District. The address is 228 26th Ave SW, Calgary, AB, and it is directly across from the Elbow River. It is just off of the 4th Street bridge, which connects the communities of Mission & Roxboro.
The GrandView Condo is one of Calgary’s better kept secrets and the location is beautiful and quiet. It is adjacent to the city’s bike path. You probably drove by the GrandView a dozen times and barely took notice of it, as one will, with the city growing so quickly. The GrandView Condo is not however to be overlooked, as a contender for one of the finer, well established condominiums in the city. The GrandView Condo was designed by Gibbs Gage Architects and built by Streetside Developments both out of Calgary and comprises mostly 1 and two bedroom units from $500,000 to over $1,000,000. The GrandView Condo is has one of the few copper roofs to grace our city.
You will know that the Grandview is no ordinary condominium immediately upon approaching the striking building since it is one of the few condos in the city that has automatic entry doors. It is also one of the few buildings that has around the clock concierge and security service. The concierge service is very good, and they tend to stay around for quite some time, so they get to know the unit holders quite well.
The lobby in the GrandView is kept impeccably clean at all times. The building itself has incredibly tight security and unfamiliar faces are carefully monitored via the reasonably conspicuous security cameras.
As might be expected in finer establishments, there is great attention paid to detail. The GrandView Condo is no exception, and one can’t help but notice the near perfect finishing in just about every corner. They haven’t cut any corners here, and this is reflected in every detail.
There are quite a few amenities and activities for residents to participate in. The Lang House Residents Club provides a perfect venue to getting to know your neighbours, most of who are of retirement age or younger. Monday is games night and starts precisely at 7 PM. Yoga classes are conducted weekday mornings between 9 and 10. Of course this is always subject to change. The Lang House was originally owned by Mr. Lang, one of Calgary’s prominent real estate owners of the 20th century.
When the GrandView Condo was built, the Lang House was relocated to the East, and restored to a beautiful condition. It now makes a perfect combination of meeting room, billiards or games room, and is very charming.
In addition to The Lang House in the GrandView Condo, there are also many other amenities available at no or very low cost to the residents.
A fully equipped kitchen is just one of the many fine features of the GrandView Condo, and the adjoining social room which can accommodate quite a few people at any given time.
GRANDVIEW CONDO AMENITIES
- Bike Racks – Level P1
- Car Wash Bay with Vacuum – Level P1
- Gas burning fireplaces
- Games Room in the Lang House
- Two Guest Suites – At time of writing, available to unit-holders for $35.00 per night
- Games room in the Lang House
- Billiards in the Lang House
- Owners Lounge with fully equipped kitchen facilities
- Meeting Room in the Lang House
- Outdoor Promenade
- Two Art Deco ThyssenKrupp Elevators
- Ten Underground Visitors Parking Stalls
- Ample Titled Parking Stalls in two levels
- Ample Titled Storage lockers in locked rooms at parking stall or elsewhere
GRANDVIEW CONDO FEATURES
- Air Conditioning
- Garbage Chutes
GRANDVIEW DONDO RESTRICTIONS
- Cats and small dogs only, by approval of the board
- No Age Restrictions
GRANDVIEW CONDO PARKING
- Ample Titled Parking with some suites having up to 4 stalls
- 10 Underground Visitor Parking stalls, most with adjacent, well secured storage rooms
River View from the GrandView Condos in Calgary
Since their are very few units coming up for sale in the GrandView Condos, there is most often a waiting list. As of this writing there has been on average less than one unit coming available per year in the GrandView. Please call me if you would like to get on the waiting list. There may even be a unit available for you to view. Come and see why home owners here just love the GrandView.
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown Condominiums.
The Grandview Condos for Sale in Mission by the Elbow River
1101 228 26 Avenue SW in Calgary: Mission Condo for sale : MLS® # C4149366$1,429,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 159 m2159 m2Experience executive living in the prestigious Grandview! Over 1700 sq.ft. of living space, this 2 bedroom and den condo is showcasing a total renovation, with an open-concept layout offering amazing panoramic river, mountain and downtown views! The gourmet kitchen, outfitted with Sub Zero, Wolf and Miele stainless steel appliances, stylish cabinetry, and tons of counter space, is perfect for entertaining! The 2 bedrooms are generous, with the master boasting a luxurious marble spa ensuite, with double vanity, soaker tub and large walk-in shower. The den is perfect for a 3rd guest room or home office. The 2 balconies, insuite laundry and a fireplace in the living room are all include in this great 11th floor unit. This complex comes with concierge, guest suite, party room, and a car wash. Mere steps to river pathways, 4th St, and walking distance to many boutique shops, restaurants, and nightlife of the trendy Mission district! Call to arrange a private tour to see yourself living here today! More detailsTHE ALBERTA COLLECTION
204 228 26 Avenue SW in Calgary: Mission Condo for sale : MLS® # C4147469$799,999Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 141 m2141 m2The Grandview is one of the most prestigious buildings in Calgary! The private entryway opens up to a spacious bright open floor plan with large windows allowing an abundance of natural light throughout. This spacious 1517 sq ft unit overlooks the landscaped private courtyard, has a living area with corner fireplace, built-in bookshelves, access to the private balcony, a formal dining area, a kitchen with breakfast bar, granite counters and all new stainless steel appliances! The master bedroom has a walk-in closet and an attached 5 piece ensuite. The second bedroom could double as a den or office and a second 3 piece bath. Other features include a 24 hr concierge, in-suite laundry/storage room, 1 titled parking stall and one titled storage unit and access to guest suites and the attached Heritage building for large gatherings. Located one block form 4th Streets many restaurants and shops it is also close the Glencoe Club transit and walking distance to downtown. This location has everything! More detailsRE/MAX REALTY PROFESSIONALS
401 228 26 Avenue SW in Calgary: Mission Condo for sale : MLS® # C4146854$829,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 116 m2116 m2Welcome to "The Grandview".Always in high demand this incredible meticulously renovated suite has southwest views of the river and river valley plus downtown views to the north.The renovations were done by Empire Kitchens. Open spaces of living room,dining room and kitchen provide views and an abundance of light from the large windows and the two decks. The kitchen has custom cupboards,granite and high end appliances- truly a chef's delight.Two bathrooms with a touch of Europe. Master with en-suite featuring walk-in closet, spacious shower and soaker tub.Den/office with downtown views. The Grandview features 24 hour concierge, visitor parking,car wash,2 guest suites plus the Lang House for your entertainment needs. Minutes to shopping, restaurants ,walking paths and transportation. More detailsCENTURY 21 BAMBER REALTY LTD.