The location is edgy and high energy, just what you might expect, in the shadows of the Keynote condominiums, across the street from the Sunterra Market and a block East of the Mustard Seed. The Imperial Lofts are one of the original historically significant warehouses which were later converted to residential condominiums.
If you have ever dreamed about owning your own dormitory style Warehouse Loft, these are indeed a rare find. The Imperial Lofts are located at 220 11th Ave SE in historical Victoria Park, in the Beltline Community of the City Centre District in Calgary, AB.
As might be expected, a trip to the Imperial Lofts is as much as an adventure as can be. There are all sorts of twists and turns around every corner, so you will need to allow for extra time if you want to really explore your potential purchase. The condos in the Imperial Lofts can vary from the drab to the magnificent. I have seen some rather poor development in some units, which is dated and substandard, and in other units the upgrades have been incredible. Whichever there is infinite possibilities for those with imagination, taste and a flair for wide open spaces.
The entrance to the Imperial Lofts is rich woodwork and marble, sort of what one might expect from a building so rich in history. One can imagine the comings and goings of all manners of business people and fortunes made and lost in days gone by.
The lobby of the Imperial Lofts is of course expansive. I would guess the ceilings to be about 14’ high, and the original brickwork is kept intact. As building is very old, it may not have much appeal to the average buyer who is looking for something pristine. It is a special building for buyers with special taste and in this respect it can be quite appealing and unique.
There is a door off to the right of the elevator which takes you to the main floor units, and also to an underground parkade and private garages titled to some of the units.
The single elevator will escort you to your floor, being four in total, not including the basement. If you are thinking high speed, think again, but the elevator is in good condition. There are 22 living units in the Imperial Lofts with the second, third and fourth floors each having six, and on the main floor there are only four units, the most Northerly being the largest in the building.
There is a well equipped exercise room in the amenities area from the 2nd floor. It is about one of the brightest and well equipped exercise rooms I have seen.
The Imperial Lofts has a very cool, comfortably arranged games room available for residents. The many common areas are spacious and seem almost never-ending! There is also a ping-pong table and dart board, along with a fully equipped kitchen, with which to pacify your guests, and even an raised loft which seems to serve no real apparent purpose but offers possibilities. The social rooms seem well enough away from the residences so as to not disturb the other occupants.
Features and Amenities of the Imperial Lofts
- Concrete and brick construction
- Excellent Location in the heart of Victoria Park
- Steps from Sunterra Grocery Market and transportation routes
- Very high ceilings with exposed venting and pipes
- Large industrial sized windows for generous amount of sunlight
- Some units with gas fireplace
- Underground parking
- Exercise Room
- Games Room
- Entertainment room with fully equipped kitchen
- Additional Storage lockers outside of unit
- Wheelchair Accessible
Parking in the Imperial Lofts
- 22 Titled Secure underground parking stalls on one level
- 7 Additional exclusive use garages with overhead door
Condo Fees Include
Pets by approval of the board
I do not offer tours of the Imperial Loft, but will show any of the active listings listed below to pre-qualified buyers who are not already working with another agent under the terms of a written service agreement, and have a keen interest in loft-style condominiums.
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown Condominiums
204 220 11 Avenue SE in Calgary: Beltline Condo for sale : MLS® # C4161756$284,800Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 61 m261 m2Downtown Imperial Lofts! Trendy and chic loft in a historic brick building with 13' ceilings and industrial style exposed pipes and pillars. The large window and open floor plan fill the home with bright natural light emphasizing details such as the beautiful hardwood floors and corner fireplace. Complete with enclosed parking, ensuite laundry, and additional storage. Residents enjoy games room with billiards & pingpong tables, fully equipped fitness centre, and a large rooftop patio with barbecue and views. A perfect downtown location where you can bike river pathways, walk to work, to the Core Shopping Centre, Stephen Ave, 17th Avenue, arts venues, and to ctrain transit stations. Across the street from Starbucks, Sunterra, and surrounded by eateries, pubs, shopping, and more. More detailsSOTHEBY'S INTERNATIONAL REALTY CANADA
404 220 11 Avenue SE in Calgary: Beltline Condo for sale : MLS® # C4147569$295,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 62 m262 m2Top floor “hard loft” at the Imperial Lofts features 13 ft ceilings, enormous 8 x 10 ft window and single garage! Designed by the Imperial Tobacco Co., this building has a rich history in Calgary. Thanks to old-world charm, a highly walkable neighbourhood with all the conveniences such as Sunterra Market across the street, and desirable building amenities including a fitness room, billiards/ping pong & social room, and rooftop patio and BBQ on the same floor. Imperial Lofts offers an exciting, modern lifestyle. The spacious kitchen features maple cabinetry, granite countertops, and a full stainless steel appliance package. The completely open space of the living/dining/bedroom leads to a 4-piece bathroom and walk-in closet. Also note a gas fireplace, separate storage locker, and in-suite laundry. Set conveniently in the Beltline and within easy walking distance to downtown, the location is brimming with cool eateries, urban parks, trendy cafes and much more. Please allow 24 hrs notice for showings so client can remove dog. More detailsRE/MAX REALTY PROFESSIONALS
102 220 11 Avenue SE in Calgary: Beltline Condo for sale : MLS® # C4141697$328,000Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 73 m273 m2Best Value in Complex by far! Welcome to the historic Imperial Lofts; one of only a handful of Calgary's TRUE Lofts. Experience urban loft living! Walking distance to absolutely everything that matters to embodying inner city life in Calgary (steps to Downtown, Sunterra, Uptown 17th, Art Galleries, Coffee shops, Boutique retailers, nightlife, Calgary's Top Restaurants, Theater, Eau Claire, Mission, etc). This 780 sqft corner unit has soaring 13 ft ceilings with exposed piping, beautiful exposed brick wall, south & east facing industrial sized windows, gas fireplace, hardwood & tile floors, fully renovated kitchen with quartz counters, SS appliances, upgraded lighting & paint! Entertain your friends, live/work if you require it, spoil yourself in Calgary's most vibrant area of town, you'll never see life the same again. Complete with in-suite laundry, underground titled parking, building fitness facilities, billiard/social room & amazing rooftop patio with downtown skyline views. More detailsREDLINE REAL ESTATE GROUP INC.