The McDougall Centre is located in Downtown Calgary. The address is 455 6th St SW. It was first built in 1906 and was established by the Reverend George McDougall. It served as a Junior High School in the years 1921 to 1981 and prior to that served as a teachers school. In 1981 the school was closed, having only 54 students in grades one through six. On September 8th, 1987 the Alberta Government purchase the building for use by non-profit organizations. It is now a registered heritage site.