The Drake Condo is right across the street from the original Nellie McClung House and West of the Montana High-rise Condominium Tower. The Drake condo comprises seventeen concrete floors. The Drake’s target buyer is youthful urban professionals looking for reasonably affordable accommodation in a vibrant location with a very high walk-score.
The Drake Hi-rise Condo Tower was completed in 2013, and is located at 1500 7th Street SW, in historical Connaught in the Community of Beltline, which is in Calgary’s City Centre District.
There are 135 units in total in the Drake Condo. They are comprised of seven two-storey Town Homes on the main floor, and 128 apartment style condominiums on floors 2 through 17. Floors 3 through 13 have nine units, each, Floors 14 to 16 each have eight units and then only four Penthouse units on floor 17.
The Drake was developed by Grosvenor, an internationally celebrated company with over 300 years of real estate experience, Drake will be designed to LEEDTM standards. Architecture by award-winning Rafii Architects in consultation with BKDI.
The units are reasonably priced, starting with a very small studio unit of only 398 sq. ft. up and moving up to the Penthouse units of 926 to 990 sq. ft.
Drake Features (2013)
- An abundance of Floor to Ceiling Windows in every unit
- Two Thyssen Krupp Elevators
- Title Parking Stalls
- Balconies with Electrical Service
- Main Entrance on 7th Street SW
- Laminate wood flooring
- High performing acoustical underlay under bedroom carpets
- Over-height ceilings in most living areas
- Glass & aluminum railing on all patios
- Modern kitchen cabinet doors
- Durable, polished kitchen countertops in black stone
- Fulgor stainless steel cook tops
- Fulgor built-in wall ovens with Cool-Touch door
- Samsung Energy Star rated stainless steel built in dishwasher
- Panasonic stainless steel microwave with stainless steel built in trim kit
- Stainless steel undermounted sinks with chrome faucet and pull-out nozzle
- Walk-in showers and soaker tubs
- Baseboard Heating
- Secured and well-lit underground parkade
- Titled Storage lockers
- Social room for use by all of Drake’s residents with lounge and kitchenette
Parking in the Drake
- Parking on five under-ground, secure levels
- 4 underground visitor parking stalls
- Entrance is from the alley, and has a maximum vehicle height of 6’10” or 2.1M
Condo Fees Include
Pets by approval of Board
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown condominiums.