The LUNA is equipped with state of the art amenities such as a community Spa and Lounge, Cardio and Weight Training Room, Yoga Studio, his/her changing rooms with showers, and segregated steam rooms.
The LUNA is a high-rise condominium tower located at , 1111 10th Street SW, Calgary, AB., in historical Connaught, in the Community of Beltline in the City Centre District. It was completed in 2012. It is the third project spearheaded by the Qualex-Landmark Group of Companies out of Vancouver, BC. There are any number of galleries, theatres, shopping and restaurants nearby.
LUNA was a joint project of BKDI Architects Inc. and Rafii Architects Inc. in the lounge, you’ll find a wet-bar, Foosball & pool tables, and a double-sided fireplace. There is ample seating for gatherings of small or large groups. On the outside, you’ll find an exquisitely landscaped Courtyard/Zen Garden with an open-air gas-fireplace and seating. You’ll be sure to love this expansive 5300 square foot outdoor promenade.
In total there are 218 living units, 227 titled parking stalls and 140 out-of-unit storage cages in the LUNA high-rise condominium. The storage cages are on the main floor.
- Natural-gas fired, centrally located domestic hot-water system
- Computer-programmed limited-access security on each floor
- Monitored fire and smoke detection system
- Rough-ins for Security systems
- Heated underground parking with monitored entry – 1 titled stall per unit
- 16 underground visitor parking stalls.
- Keyless perimeter entrances
- Cat-5 cable & data ports
- 3-Story lobby
- Two fully-furnished guest-suites
- Secure bicycle storage
- Additional off-suite storage lockers
- Two high speed elevators
- Concrete construction with 8″ thick reinforced concrete floors
- Low E double glazed floor to ceiling windows
- Individual air-conditioning controls
KITCHENS – New gourmet LUNA appliance package
- Fisher & Paykel stainless-steel convection wall-oven
- Fisher & Paykel stainless-steel gas cook-top stove
- Fisher & Paykel stainless-steel refrigerator
- Blombert stainless-steel dishwasher
- Panasonic microwave, stainless
- Slide-out hood-fan
- Quartz counter tops with glass-tile back-splash
- Contemporary double-bowl stainless-steel sink
- Cabinet night lighting
- Recessed pot lights
BATHROOMS – Standard LUNA features Include
- Marble countertops with double basins in the two-bedroom ensuite units
- Resin basin in the main bathroom of the one-bedroom units, and powder room
- Soft-close dual-flush low-consumption toilets
- Soaker tub
- Oversized, glass shower enclosures
- Porcelain floor tiles
- In-floor heating (ensuites only)
- European-style chrome faucets and bath accessories
LUNA INTERIOR DESIGN – By Insight Design Group. Inc.
Standard inclusions for most of the units include:
- In-suite Storage
- Large-capacity, stacking front-loading washer & dryer
- Roller Blind window coverings
- Decora Switches
- Lever style chrome cabinet-hardware
- Stain resistant nylon textured-loop wall-to-wall carpeting
- Porcelain hand-laid 12 x 24 floor tiles in entrance and kitchen
- 6″ Flat-profile painted-baseboards and 3″ door casings
- Quartz counter-tops
- Spacious open-air balconies and roof decks
- 9′ ceilings in the majority of the living areas (approximate)
- 7′ man-doors
- Air conditioning
There are also there are six “Cityhome” apartments on 12th Avenue. These are three-story homes with entrances on the street level of LUNA.
TERRACES & Balconies
All units in LUNA have very nice view of the city and some are simply spectacular!
The only complaint that I have is that the Luna has no provisions for REALTOR® lockboxes. We are compelled to anchor the lockbox a railing on the ground, out front. The keys sometimes will get completely buried in the snow, and it is nearly impossible to tell them apart and difficult to remove and replace them. This is inconvenient to the agents that are showing units on behalf of their unit-holders, and also to potential buyers looking to purchase a unit here. Unit holders should advise their management that this is not conducive to fulfilling their mandate.
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown Condominiums.
Search MLS Listings