The Orange Lofts are perfectly suited to a Dormitory type lifestyle such as young artists and musicians, or someone that just wants to be in the centre of everything.
The Orange Lofts mid-rise is situated at 535 8th Ave SE in the thriving new Community of Downtown East Village in the Calgary City Centre District. You are only a quick jaunt to the Downtown Commercial Core. There are 106 mainly one bedroom condominium lofts in the Orange Lofts and 93 parking stalls.
The Orange Lofts are just West of Murdock Manor and a little Northeast of the Arriva & Guardian condominium towers. The Orange Lofts was Batistella Developments first foray into Calgary’s High-rise condo market. Batistella buildings are almost all bare-bones with an absolute minimum in the way of upgrades. Batistella later went on to build Chocolate, Colours and finally Pixel condominiums, in that order. Batistella’s target audience is youthful buyers who are looking for living arrangements which complement their exuberant and carefree lifestyle.
The Orange Lofts is 6 stories tall. Unit holders have a front road seat to this areas complete redevelopment. As with other Batistella projects, Orange Lofts is strong on minimalist industrial architecture and the living spaces are completely configurable to be personalized to your taste. For example, bedroom closets were not incorporated into the design. The most prominent feature of the Orange Lofts is the breathtaking views afforded by the massive commercially sized window panes installed in each unit and lacquered cement floors. These units can really be done up nicely and are quite affordable too. The windows offer breathtaking views in all directions.
The Lobby in the Orange Lofts is no different and gives a strong indication of the experience one is likely to have as a owner of one of these perfectly “phat” living quarters. The main floor is occupied by a few small businesses. One of my favourites is “Here’s my Soul Cafe” which is a great dropping in spot to meet with your neighbours, discuss new ideas and generally hang out in. They feature local artists and offer an evening wine bar. I understand that the menu is delicious and the service friendly and fast.
Here’s My Soul Cafe
The Orange Lofts offers a large open-spaced Recreation Room which like everything else here is pretty basic. All windows, a sink, a few cubby holes and some old books. The Social Room exits onto a large outdoor patio, which is nicely landscaped with inlaid brick and wood planters.
The typical floor layout in the Orange Lofts is an L shaped configuration with unit numbers 8 to 15 being on the West side and units 1 to 7 being on the East side of the two elevators
Below is a typical floor layout for the Orange Lofts. You can see the area is now going through a complete transformation and in a year or two will be completely redeveloped with a number of high-rise condominium towers.
Features/Amenities in the Orange Lofts
- 18’ ceilings
- Exposed vents and piping
- Two electronically accessible secured elevators
- Polished concrete floors with carpet in Bedroom Loft
- Nearby C-train, City Hall & Calgary Stampede
- Recreation Room
- Rooftop Patio
- In-suite laundry
- Affordable Downtown living
- Balcony on Some Units
Parking in the Orange Lofts
- 93 Secure Underground Exclusive Use Parking Stalls on two levels
- Visitor Parking on the street
Condo Fees Include
Pets subject to board approval which may not be unreasonably withheld
Qualified buyers please call to arrange for a showing of one of these exciting condominium lofts in the Orange Lofts. Sellers please call to offer your unit for sale and have it listed here.
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in Downtown Condominiums
602 535 8 Avenue SE in Calgary: Downtown East Village Condo for sale : MLS® # C4165427$324,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 601 sq. ft.56 m2Excellent Investment Opportunity in The East Village! This top floor two-storey industrial-style unit with an east-facing balcony and A/C is ideal as an executive rental with a 16-foot wall of windows. The kitchen features stainless steel appliances, tiled backsplash, and maple cabinetry. Completing the main level is a stylish four-piece bathroom, in-suite laundry, and a flexible open space under the stairs - perfect for additional storage or a workstation. The lofted second floor features exposed concrete ceiling and a generous amount of closet space. Also note condo fees include electricity, one titled underground heated parking stall, additional storage locker, private party room, and wonderful rooftop patio with panoramic views of downtown. The East Village has become one of the city's most exciting districts with award-winning restaurants, cafes, the Bow River pathway network, The Calgary Zoo, the downtown core & all levels of transit on your doorstep. More detailsRE/MAX REALTY PROFESSIONALS
- MIKE LEIBEL
- CIR REALTY
- 1 (403) 204-1111
- Contact by Email