The Renaissance condo is an adult building which accommodates to 18 years of age and upward. No dogs are allowed. You may have up to two cats by board approval.
Welcome to The Renaissance Condo , a local landmark situated along the Trans-Canada Highway on 16th Avenue NW at 17th Street in the community of Briar Hill. This striking twin high-rise condominium is a good example of architecture at it’s finest.
Hop the C-train right across the street from your front door, and if you love to shop their is direct access right into the North Hill Shopping Mall. There are loads of nearby business including the Louise Riley Library, North Hill Professional Center and over 100 Shops to choose from!
There are 88 condominium units in the east tower and 82 in the west, for a total of 176 units.
The west tower is located at 1726 14th Avenue NW, and the east tower is located at 1718 14th Avenue NW, Calgary. Both towers have their own separate underground parking facilities. There is plenty of indoor visitor parking stalls in each building. The towers are conveniently located right by the lobby entrance, which is electronically assisted. All public areas are monitored by security cameras from the concierge desk.
The Renaissance boasts an around-the-clock-concierge. These busy “beavers” work tirelessly to ensure that everything runs smoothly. Amenities include public his/hers washrooms on the main floor, expansive spiral staircase leading up to a well stocked library and a games room.
The Renaissance condo twin towers were constructed in 2002. A great deal attention was paid to quality, comfort and safety. In 2006, The Renaissance at North Hill commissioned a sculpture by artist Christopher Bhoa. The sculpture epitomizes an ancient Limber Pine otherwise known as the Burmis Tree which is over 1100 years old and still stand proud in the Crowsnest Pass area. This sculpture stands tall and proud, ready to welcome your visitors to The Renaissance.
The spacious and comfortable guest reception and waiting room has seating for 5 or 6 with gas burning fireplace. The floors throughout the main floor are sealed concrete. It gets scrubbed daily during the week. Mail delivery is on either side of the main entrance depending on which tower your unit is in. The concierge will accept larger parcels and deliveries on your behalf. Access to the front door and parkade, is by electronic transmitters.
The theatre is utilized my any number of the residents for special sports nights, or movie nights that they may organize. This may be arranged through the concierge.
The Board Room in the renaissance may be booked through the concierge.
A relaxing sun room awaits you in in the library. This is a welcoming retreat if you need to get out and recharge, or have an intimate conversation. The well organized library has some really interesting titles. There were likely about ten years worth of National Geographic magazines and oodles of delightful and hard to find book titles. I would so much have loved to sit down and delve through them.
The Rembrandt Room may be booked through the concierge. It is an uncrowded gathering place with ample tables and chairs for a good sized gathering. Added value is achieved by the addition of a fully stocked kitchen. This is a very warm and comfortable space. Meet and greets for the residents are held here on a regular schedule.
There is a well equipped fitness facility in the Renaissance. High quality modern equipment, much of it is not shown in the picture. Pass the time while watching your favorite “soap” on TV.
The games room features a pool table, air hockey and shuffleboard. There is so much to do at the Renaissance!
Summary of Amenities in The Renaissance Condo
- Public Washrooms
- Guest Suites, 2
- Parking, Titled Indoor
- Parking, Indoor Visitor
- Direct Access to shopping mall, by elevator
- Storage Lockers, Assigned
- On-Site Manager
- Central Air Conditioning
- Sprinklers and Smoke/Fire Detection System
- Car Wash
- Theatre – Rented for a nominal fee
- Card/Crafts Room – holds about 20
- Exercise Room with television/electronics; 4-station universal gym, treadmill, stair climber, exercise bike and free weights. Wall-to-wall mirrors
- Games room with a good quality slate pool table, shuffleboard table and air hockey. Additional tables and chairs to relax and socialize.
- Library – Sun Room
- Rembrandt Room – Formal Dining Room with fireplace – seating for 35, holds up to 70
- Board Room
- Large lobby with Fireplace
- Garbage Chutes
Please call If you think that the Renaissance would be a perfect fit for you. I do however respect the seller’s valuable time and privacy, by restricting showings only to those buyers who are ready willing and able to make a decision on their purchase. (No tours)
Mike Leibel is a Calgary Realtor that specializes in High-rise Condominiums.
306 1726 14 Avenue NW in Calgary: Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill Condo for sale : MLS® # C4165292$649,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,203 sq. ft.112 m2Don't miss an unbelievable opportunity to own in the Renaissance at North Hill. This unit has had extensive recent updates including new hardwood, paint, light fixtures, kitchen cabinetry, granite, bathrooms including tile, vanities and fixtures, carpet...the list is endless and tastefully done. Summer evenings can be spent on the balcony sporting downtown views and all is in close proximity to downtown, shopping and public transportation. This elegant complex boasts 24 hour Concierge Security, guest suites for visitors, exercise room, craft and games room, library, meeting room and theatre. Titled underground parking, carwash, and additional storage make this an amazing place to call home. This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom floorplan also has insuite laundry (with new washer and dryer and vacuflo system) but also a large walk in kitchen pantry seen in only a few units. With over 1200 sq. ft of space this condo is the perfect answer for classic, inner-city living. Book your personal viewing today! More detailsRE/MAX REALTY PROFESSIONALS
102 1718 14 Avenue NW in Calgary: Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill Condo for sale : MLS® # C4164386$499,900Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,084 sq. ft.101 m2Unparrelled high-rise architecture in it finest glory centrally located at the beautiful Renaissance towers in NW Calgary!! This very bright & spacious two bedroom unit is conveniently located on the first floor offering direct access to the large (green) roof top patio from this floor. Extensive south windows exude daylight all day long. Walk out from two rooms onto your sunny south facing private patio. Good-sized living c/w a cozy gas fireplace, large master bedroom & 5-pce en-suite, 2nd bedrm has plenty of room for guests etc., convenient den/nook for your computer/work station & handy in-suite laundry. The wonderful amenities "The Renaissance" offers are; 24hr Concierge/ Security, Guest Suite($75/night), Library, Meeting Room, Theatre Room, Exercise Room, Hobby Room, Games Room and indoor visitor parking. This unit has a single titled stall in a heated underground parkade plus a separate storage locker conveniently located only one floor down. Now vacant ready for immediate possession! More detailsRE/MAX REAL ESTATE (CENTRAL)
403 1726 14 Avenue NW in Calgary: Hounsfield Heights/Briar Hill Condo for sale : MLS® # C4160703$528,500Apartment
- MLS® Num:
- Floor Area:
- 1,063 sq. ft.99 m2Enjoy the Fabulous Westerly Mountain View from this superb apartment in the desirable Renaissance at North Hill with indoor access to the North Hill Mall. 2 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom with a Master bedroom that includes a 5-piece ensuite with double sinks, soaker tub, shower as well as a convenient walk in closet. Additional 3 piece bath also adjoins second bedroom. Kitchen featuring oak spice cabinetry and appliances including upgraded dishwasher, microwave, garbage disposal and additional pantry storage. Secure storage area and indoor heated parking. Walking distance to SAIT, Jubilee Auditorium, and LRT. Amenities include professional Concierge/Security services, available Guest Suite, Library, Meeting Room, Theater, Exercise Room, Hobby Room, Games Room, Indoor Visitor Parking. More detailsCOMFREE COMMONSENSE NETWORK